A horseback riding tour is a great way to experience Myrtle Beach, South Carolina! The city of Myrtle Beach is one of the best places for beaches, resorts, and activities. But did you know the Myrtle Beach area has some amazing horseback tours year-round? And plenty of stables to board your horse or take private riding lessons.
Here are the best places to go horseback riding near Myrtle Beach!
Horseback Riding Near Myrtle Beach: My Pick
For trail rides along the beach, our pick is Inlet Point Plantation Stables because of the variety of rides offered on a private beach area.
For wooded trail rides, our pick Grand Strand Horseback Riding.
⭐Rating: 4.8 out of 5 Stars
Table: Guided Trail Rides Around Myrtle Beach
|Place Name||Location||Key Features||Google Reviews|
|Horseback Riding of Myrtle Beach||Conway, SC||Family-owned, offers group rides, rural SC woods or beach riding depending on the season, buddy seats for young kids|
|Grand Strand Horseback Riding||Aynor, SC||Over 100 acres of riding trails, offers country trail and beach rides, riding lessons for both English and Western styles|
|Inlet Point Plantation Stables||North Myrtle Beach, SC||Located on private Waites Island, offers beach ride, pony rides, waterway trail ride, and private proposal oceanfront ride|
|Myrtle Beach State Park||Myrtle Beach, SC||Allows equestrians to ride trails during late November through the last day in February|
|Meadowchase Farm||Conway, SC||Offers riding lessons, in addition to pasture and stall boarding services|
|Hardee Lane Farms||Conway, SC||Offers both English and Western private riding lessons, horse boarding available|
|JL Equine Center||Myrtle Beach, SC||Offers beginner lessons, summer camps, private lessons, semi-private, group, barrel racing, and more|
Places for Guided Horseback Trail Rides Near Myrtle Beach
It’s okay if you don’t have any prior riding experience! There are several horse stables near Myrtle Beach that offer guided trail rides. These professional guides provide you with education on well-trained horses. (In my experience, these trail horses are lazy, old, or a combination of the two! Which is perfect if you have no prior experience)
You can explore the Palmetto State’s wooded trails with the whole family. Or hop on the back of a horse for private beach rides and amazing views of the ocean.
Here are the best places to enjoy an unforgettable trail ride with a guide!
1. Horseback Riding of Myrtle Beach
Horseback Riding of Myrtle Beach has been providing a unique experience for over 15 years! This family-owned business has both southern hospitality and experienced, friendly guides!
So next time you’re on a beach vacation, don’t miss the chance to explore the great outdoors by riding horses! Located in the outskirts of Conway, this is a fun way to enjoy a horseback riding adventure!
About the Rides.
You’ll enjoy a peaceful tour with a group of 1 – 8 riders. Prices will range between $50 and $80.
Two Options: Rural SC Woods (Spring – Fall) or Beach Riding (Winter only)
Depending on the season, your tour guide will take you either through the country trails outside Conway, SC. Or along the coastline in Horry County and along Garden City Beach. The beach tours are slightly more expensive and are only available during the winter months (Early November – End of February).
If you have young kids, buddy seats are also available for them.
- Horseback Riding of Myrtle Beach’s Website
- Phone Number: +1-843-997-1876
- Address: 4800 Johnson Shelly Rd, Conway, SC 29526
2. Grand Strand Horseback Riding
Grand Strand Horseback Riding has a great option for an exciting horseback ride with history! This farm has over 100 acres of riding trails and offers country trail and beach rides!
They also have riding lessons for both English and Western styles.
Country Trail Rides. Located on a fourth generation farm, you’ll have a great time exploring the countryside of Horry County, SC. Pass through the woods, walk along the canals, and finish at the farm’s pond!
Beach Horseback Riding. Offers horseback riding on the beach or on their 100 acres of horseback riding trails.
- Grand Strand Horseback Riding Website
- Phone Number: 843-358-4002
- Address: 2131 Hughes Gasque Rd, Aynor, SC 29511
3. Inlet Point Plantation Stables
This one is my favorite. Enjoy some amazing trail rides and rich history at Inlet Point Plantation Stables! Owned by the Smith Family, the stable was originally built in 1995 and has been in business since 1996.
Inlet Point Plantation Stables is located on private Waites Island and is truly a unique experience. Just a few interesting things about it are:
- on Waites Island, which is 1,200 acres with undeveloped beaches and shoreline
- Inlet Point Plantation is on 4,000 acres
- former home of a Civil War fort – Fort Randall
- rumored to have been a safe haven for Blackbeard the Pirate
The Horseback Tours. There are four main rides you can choose from at Inlet Point. These are:
- One-Hour Beach Ride or One Hour Sunset Beach Ride
- Pony Rides: kids 6 and younger can enjoy a pony ride through the pecan groves
- Waterway Trail Ride: Takes you through the pecan groves and along Intracoastal Waterway. Mostly shaded and available year-round!
- Private Proposal Oceanfront Ride along the Beach
- Inlet Point Plantation Stables Website
- Phone Number: 843-249-2989
- Address: 5800 Little River Neck Rd, North Myrtle Beach, SC 29582
Experienced Riders: Places to Take Your Own Horse
4. Myrtle Beach State Park
Myrtle Beach State Park allows equestrians to ride trails during the late November through the last day in February. You’ll need need to keep a few things in mind:
- Season: Horses only permitted the 3rd Saturday of November and continues through the last day of February.
- Park Pass: You’ll need to purchase a pass for each horse ($60+), in addition to your own pass for being at the park. Horses cannot stay overnight.
- Paperwork: Must present current Negative Coggins paperwork for each horse
- Contact Myrtle Beach State Park below for more information.
- Website for Equestrian Rides and Activities at Myrtle Beach State Park
- Phone Number for Park Office: 843-238-5325
- Address: 4401 S Kings Hwy, Myrtle Beach, SC 29575
Stables that Offer Riding Lessons Near Myrtle Beach
The below stables don’t offer guided trail rides. However, if you want to learn more about riding and equestrian sports, these stables offer lessons!
5. Meadowchase Farm
Meadowchase Farm offers riding lessons, in addition to pasture and stall boarding services. The farm is located in Conway and lessons will run about an hour long!
Contact them below to learn more.
- Website: Facebook Page
- Phone Number: 843-902-4137
- Address: 3540 Yawnoc Dr, Conway, SC 29526
- Email: MeadowChaseLLC@gmail.com
6. Hardee Lane Farms
Hardee Lane Farms offers both English and Western riding lessons. These are private lessons as opposed to group. Also, horse boarding is available here as well.
- Facebook Page for Hardee Lane Farms
- Phone Number: 843-995-9128
- Address: 4496 Hardee Ln Conway, SC 29526
7. JL Equine Center
The JL Equine Center and Heart Ranch is a lesson barn! They have beginner lessons where people of all ages can learn to ride horses.
They also offer summer camps! This is a great place for all kinds of lessons.
- Private lessons
- Barrel Racing
- Youth Summer Camp
- and more!
- Website and Facebook Page for JL Equine Center/Heart Ranch
- Phone Number: 843-222-6688
- Address: 6700 St Peter’s Church Rd Myrtle Beach, SC 29588
Conclusion to Horseback Riding Near Myrtle Beach, SC
For a special occasion, take a short drive from your Myrtle Beach hotel for a ride of a lifetime! Whether you want to take a one-hour sunset beach ride at an old plantation. Or explore the country trails outside Conway. There are some amazing places to go horseback riding around Myrtle Beach!
My Favorite Tools for Planning a Trip
Booking.com. They have great deals and free cancellation usually.
VRBO. I have been both a guest and renter for VRBO. 20+ experiences over the years. All great.
Viator. I’m newer to this, but it’s a great spot to get ideas or discounted tickets.