October is the time of year for all types of festive fun, from pumpkin patches to apple picking. And for those who like a little thrill, haunted houses!
Haunted houses aren’t for everyone, but if you love a good scare, there are some amazing spooky attractions in and around Columbia, SC.
If you love a good scare, check out the list below for the top 5 haunted house attractions in Columbia, SC.
And if a non-spooky fall activity is more your speed, check out these family-friendly Halloween activities in Columbia.
1. Hall of Horrors (Cayce, SC)
The Hall of Horrors is a premier haunted attraction in Cayce, SC. It’s also the longest-running nonprofit haunted attraction in South Carolina.
This year’s theme is “Blood Reign” with hungry vampires on the loose along the Hall of Horrors. Guests will roam through smoky halls with strobe lights, scary decorations and attraction actors around every corner.
Cash or card are accepted at the box office on-site. Regular admission is $15 and fast passes to skip the line are available for $30.
Location: 1153-B, Walter Price Rd, Cayce, SC 29033
- Open Thursdays through Sundays in October
- Thursdays and Sundays: 7:30-10:30 p.m.
- Fridays and Saturdays: 8:00-11:00 p.m.
- Hall of Horrors Website
2. Deceased Farm (Lexington, SC)
Deceased Farm has six buildings full of haunts that guests take at a self-guided pace. You’ll be screaming from the moment you step in line until the end of the attraction!
The attraction begins with a walk through a building where actors and themed decorations wait around every corner. And, 3D glasses are handed out to amplify the haunts!
From this building, you’re led to a haunted farm with spooky creatures lurking. When you think it’s all over, you’re led into a 2-acre cornfield for a haunted corn maze.
Check out this video to learn more about Deceased Farm:
Ticket prices range from $22 for a standard ticket up to $65 for a VIP ticket. This haunt is cash only.
Location: 382 Olde Farm Rd, Lexington, SC 29072
- Open Thursdays through Sundays
- Thursdays and Sundays: 7:30-10:30 p.m.
- Fridays and Saturdays: 7:30-11:30 p.m.
3. Dark Castle Haunted Attractions (Elgin, SC)
Dark Castle Haunted Attraction is a small family-run outdoor haunt in Elgin, SC.
There are multiple Halloween attractions at Dark Castle. Here are a few of the different attractions on-site:
- Dark Knight’s Terror Trail: a haunted trail through the woods
- Dungeon of Darkness: An indoor haunted experience
- Zombie Zone: A laser-tag zombie survival scenario
- Spooky-themed escape rooms
Ticket prices start at $18. There are ticket options available for a full package to do the indoor and outdoor trails and zombie zone.
- Open Thursdays through Sundays through Nov. 5
- Hours open vary from 7 p.m. to midnight depending on the night of the month
4. Terror Falls Haunted Farm (Lexington, SC)
Terror Falls Haunted Farm is a haunted house attraction split up into 4 themed mazes.
- MeeMaw’s Bed and Breakfast
- The Terror Trail and Terror Swamp
- Terror Falls Hospital
- “Carnevil” of souls
Do you think you could make it through each maze? A $20 ticket will get you access to all four attractions.
Have fun with it and even plan your own themed outfit before checking out Terror Falls! We love this skeleton graphic tee from Amazon.
Location: 370 Mack St, Gaston, SC 29053
- Open Fridays and Saturdays in October. Open on a select Thursday (Oct. 27) before Halloween.
- Ticket sales begin at 7:30 p.m. and the attraction closes by 11 p.m.
5. Madworld Haunted Attractions (Greenville, SC)
Madworld Haunted Attractions is in Greenville, SC, so you do have to make the short 1.5-hour drive for this haunt. But, it is well worth it!
Madworld Haunted Attractions is the number one must-see haunted house in SC and even one of the top 10 scariest attractions in America!
At Madworld, you’ll walk with your group through a self-guided half-mile trail. Around every corner there are creatures, interactive sets, and more to make you scream!
Different themes include a chainsaw massacre, haunted asylum, a clown house, a witch village, and more.
Alongside the haunted attractions, they have games like axe throwing and an 18-hole mini golf course.
General admission for the haunted house and trail begins at $40. Various VIP packages are available for $100+. Games can be played with tickets, beginning at $25 for 25 tickets.
Check out this video to prepare yourself for Madworld:
Location: 147 Country Manor Rd, Piedmont, SC 29673
- Open weekends through Nov. 5
- Open from 7 p.m. to midnight on Fridays and Saturdays. Open until 10:30 p.m. on Sundays
As you can see, there are some awesome and spooky attractions in Columbia, SC!
Most of these are only open for the Halloween season, so grab tickets now or plan ahead for next year.
If you’re looking for other scary attractions in South Carolina, check out these below:
And if you’re looking to decorate your own home for the season, here are some of our favorite Halloween-themed decor on Amazon.